Sunday, August 24, 2008

Songlist of silly things

There are a few songs that I have heard lately that have made me happy. Just happy. Happiness is a beautiful thing and I thought I would share them with you, no matter how cheesy it is.

Would it help melt the cheese a little if I gave a little explanation to why these make me happy? I hope so.

Take me the way I am, by Ingrid Michaelson

Whenever I hear this song I think of John and how he puts up with my craziness. I have mood swings and hormones and he just takes me the way I am. I love it.

Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani

Annie loves this song and sings along to it whenever it comes on the radio, which is a lot. It would be annoying how often we hear it if it wasn't for Annie. She calls it the "Wee-hoo, Woo-hoo song" and asks for it whenever we're home listening to music. I should get the CD and let her dance around to it whenever she wants, but I'm a loser mother and just wait for her to hear it on the radio. We have spent countless minutes waiting in the car for the song to finish before I shut off the car. We dance in our seats and yell the lyrics. Fun, fun, fun.


Everything by Michael Buble

My family is everything to me. I think of John and Annie when I hear this song and I smile and smile. This is the cheesiest of the bunch, but it's the song that makes me think of twirling girls and fields of Jonquils. It makes me think of my wedding day and the day my little girl was born. It makes me grateful for my everything.

No comments: