I did not want to have a whole post complaining, so I've decided to exercise my optimism to tell you how my week has been.
My air conditioning went out in my car, but at least it went out in the week that the temperatures have dropped. Could you imagine if it went out even three weeks ago? The temperatures haven't risen much above 90, so I'm lucky that I didn't have to go through the whole hot summer without air conditioning. We now have a couple of months to figure out what we are going to do with my 11 year old car. Do we want to put a new compressor in if we're just going to get rid of it in a couple of years? So many new things to think about!
Annie's first soccer game was on Saturday and John got to take her because I was at a crafty day at church. She spent the first few minutes in the game and then told her dad that her tummy hurt. She spent the rest of the game in her daddy's arms, but she didn't throw up! She also crashed on the couch for a couple of hours after the game. I think it was a combination of the heat (it got up to 98 degrees on Saturday) and nervousness. She'll be fine. Once she finally woke up, she said she had a great time and that she wanted to do it again. I'll have to post some pictures when I get them downloaded, she was adorable in her little blue uniform.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is seriously hard for me to fathom that it's still so hot here. It got up to 66 last week and we were all out in our sunglasses and bikinis! I think we have truly acclimated!
Whoops, wishful thinking. I meant to say it's still so hot THERE! I really should do my editing before I click "publish." :)
I'm sorry to hear that your air went out on the car! It's suppose to be in the 90's this week and then by Halloween it will be the
70's for the high! Yeay! One of our air cond. units went out at the house last night (the downstairs), but it has stayed pretty cool so far.
Our AC went out in South Carolina. The guy told us it was the compressor, but later looked at it again and realized that the screws had just fallen out. Put the new screws in and it was good to go.
Here the AC on our Saturn went out and hubby got a new (used) compressor from the junk yard and then a friend that knows AC helped us replace it. We did have to have a shop flush it and put freon in it, but it was still much cheaper.
I hope something like this will happen for you. *hugs*
Think HARD about driving in the summer heat with the windows down and your sweat watering the streets. On the other hand, in your country there would be no sweat and you and Annie would be mummys before you reach the grocery store.
Love you so much, MOM
Post a Comment