Monday, October 13, 2008

Just got back

We're back in town after a fun weekend in California. We saw the new nephew, Luke, (who is cute, cute, cute) and we were able to hang out with the family. The baby was blessed to be sweet and righteous, copious amounts of food was enjoyed and games in the board and card variety were played.

Re-connections were also made. It's always interesting to go back to the ward where there are people I grew up with. I saw Rochelle and Bishop Moss - she asked about all of my siblings and I was able to catch her up on everyone. I was also able to see President Knect, one of my favorite leaders from when I was a youth. He is the Sunday school teacher in my brother-in-law's ward, so we were able to hear him be amazing. I was also able to meet (maybe a better word is "re-meet") Sister Knect. I always knew he had a wife, I just don't remember her as much as I remembered him - isn't that funny?

Then there were the boys! Claudio Moran was the guy every girl wanted to be noticed by. He is a man now, with two boys and five-month old baby girl that he couldn't stop showing off. His wife is beautiful and when I told her that Claudio used to be the bees knees, she smiled and told me that she knew. Then I saw Sam Rosener!! He was the boy I dated when I was 16 - and he wasn't quite 16. I don't know if "dated" is the right word, since at that age we just held hands and sucked face, but I digress . . . I saw his daughter's name on the roster of the Sunbeam class that Annie was attending and waited around to see who would pick her up. His amazing wife Holly did, and she led me to him. He has two beautiful daughters who he is obviously in love with and blamed all of the girl's good looks on Holly. Good man. I don't think I've seen him since before his mission (at least 13 years!).

It was sooooo much fun to see these two boys all growed-up. I especially liked seeing them as fathers and husbands. They were always good boys - I'm just glad they also decided to be good men.

It was a fun weekend. How come more of us weren't able to re-connect? I'm coming back for Thanksgiving. I demand to see more amazing people!

3 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

(Sigh) I wish I were on the list of people you saw. My parents told me they saw you and I was jealous.

colleeeen said...

what ward did you visit? i am lame and never called your in-laws or anything.

Stephanie said...

We visited the San Antonio ward - at least it was the San Antonio building.

You're not lame, there was not a lot of time for anything but what we did anyways.

Hope to see you later!