I said I wouldn't post political, so I guess I lied.
I just wanted to give my brief post about my support of Prop 102, the proposition that will change the state's constitution to say that marriage can only be defined as between a man and a woman. I believe in traditional marriage. I believe children have a right to a mother and a father. I believe we shouldn't force teachers to teach in state-run schools that homosexuality is a valid way to live if they don't believe it is.
I have compared this issue in my head in much the same way that I think about parents who give their teenagers alcoholic beverages. The parent's thought process is that their world will be safer if the alcohol is out in the open. I cannot condone homosexuality just because it is becoming more popular and open, just as much as I would not condone a six-pack of beer in my fridge.
I also know my opinion is considered to be a cruel attack on the homosexual community. I hate that I am a part of a group that is considered to be hateful. If you know me at all, you know that I try my best to be kind. I would never, ever, mock or belittle a homosexual person based solely on their sexual preference. I have no personal qualms with anybody who lives their life in a way that is different from mine.
My very brave friend Colleen just posted about her dilemmas with Prop 8, many of which I believe are valid concerns. I am grateful that she will be really thinking about this, and not blindly following anyone.
For me, I'm voting yes for traditional marriage.
I love you all. Please vote.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Voting yes, as well. I have friends that have chosen to be homosexual, and I love those friends. But if you look at what has happened in MA since they made gay marriage legal, I just don't want that happening in my schools.
You are incredibly sweet and kind and I miss scrapping with you. :)
Post a Comment