Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun saturday

My Saturday started out with me actually remembering to wake up and go to get my fruits and vegetables from my amazing fruit/veggie co-op. Because of my surgery and being sick, I haven't been a part of this for over two months. My cooking has suffered because of it and I feel much better with two full drawers of produce in my fridge.

After the vegetable nirvana, I was able to go to the temple with the youth. I find it so interesting to be on this side of a youth temple trip. I drive, hand out the towels, squeegee the floor and basically become a cheerleader for temple work and good attitudes. I vividly remember my young woman's leaders doing the same thing for me. We have wonderful, worthy young women in our ward and I'm glad that I can be a small part of their lives.

If that wasn't enough, we packed up Annie and went to a German restaurant in Glendale where we met up with some of John's work friends. We were pretty much the only ones who weren't drinking, but they still like hanging out with us (and vice versa). We had some wonderful schnitzel and sausage, but a pretty poor excuse for a black forest cake (I could have made soooooo much better from a boxed cake mix and a can of cherry compote). There was a little oompah band with an accordian and tuba player dressed up in leider-hosen. It was a cool enough night that we could comfortably be outside and Annie had a wonderful time dancing and entertaining everyone at our table.

In every respect, my Saturday was jamm-packed with goodness. I hope to do it again soon!

No comments: