-- We're going to Disneyland this weekend and I don't know if I've ever been so excited to go. I can't wait to see everything through Annie's eyes. I can't wait to experience the magic. I remember as a kid feeling that jittery-happy feeling the night before we went to Disneyland. I always had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep on those nights. I wonder if I'll have a hard time sleeping before our adventures this weekend.
-- We had Family Home Evening last night and our "snack" that Annie blessed to nourish us in her closing prayer was Pixie Stix left over from Easter.
-- I am finally back on track in Aerobics! For the first couple of weeks I felt very weak and clumsy, but yesterday I felt better after I worked out. My abs, which were totally cut during my surgery, are actually feeling like abs again. I'm feeling the burn, which I wasn't really feeling the last couple of weeks. I hope this means everything has knitted together correctly. It hasn't helped the jello mold that still jiggles when I jump, but I'm hoping that it will.
-- Annie is fascinated with blood and veins and everything medical. It probably has to do with the many blood tests that I've had this past couple of months. I take her into the little room with me and tell her that she doesn't have to watch but that she can. I tell her that it hurts for a minute and then it doesn't hurt anymore. She likes to kiss my bandage after I'm done and I consider her to be very brave. Her "why" questions seem to peak on days that I have tests done - like why do we have veins? why do we have a head? and my personal favorite - why do we have boobs?
-- We went swimming in our pool yesterday - the first time as a family. Annie's already been in it with me sitting on a deck chair telling myself that if she was really in trouble I would jump in to save her. The water was still pretty cold (about 71 degrees) but we toughed it out. We only did this because it was 100 degrees outside and we were hot. I know it's crazy to say that I love summer because I live in Phoenix, but I LOVE SUMMER!! I just don't like that there are days I can't buy chocolate chips or ice cream without them melting before we get home.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh crud. Paul might be going to d-land on Friday (it's his birthday) but of course we're booked this weekend. it never works out, does it?
I love your happy attitude--I am so glad you are getting back to health, an good for you for saying you enjoy Arizona summers! Why not? To me they are no worse than a bad winter, but instead of cocoa, we just make snow cones! Have fun at Disneyland!
Dallan and I just went to Disneyland last week. It was his first time and it was so awesome watching him light up with excitement. Who knew someone could be that thrilled with the happiest place on earth at 27! Have such a good time!!
i know you'll never see this in time, but CALL ME! i'll try to get my old phone alive for a few minutes so i can get your cell #.
Post a Comment