You thought I was done showing you all the stuff I made for people for Christmas, huh?? I'm not. After this post I will be, but right now, I still have something to show you. It's a good one, too. I, of course, didn't get a picture of this little beauty before I gifted it. I had to put my tail between my legs and ask the lucky little boy's mama to send me a picture (which she graciously did).
This was something that took me a full night to create - but I think it turned out great. This was a gift for five-year-old Blaine. He's John's cousin's son and he's one of the crew that comes on Christmas morning and shares a beautiful breakfast of cinnamon rolls, strata and hot cocoa with us.If you came to share Christmas morning with us, I would make you one of these, too.
This is a little felt racetrack that sortof replicates the Phoenix National Speedway (I tried, anyways). His grandma and grandpa are huge NASCAR fans, and I thought it would be fun to make him something that he could play with while they watched the races. I wanted to put a NASCAR logo on it and something that said "Guido's race track" (Guido is his grandpa's nickname for him) - but I ran out of gumption and time.
And it all rolls up into one nice little package . . . .
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Before I read what it was, I thought I was looking at a deployed airbag...oh!!!, it's a racetrack!
Good job :) Some people (me) are just lame-o.
Post a Comment