It's amazing to go to the doctors once a week and let him tell me how normal things are. After my surgery two years ago, I didn't ever expect to be pregnant again. My surgeon said that there was always a chance and that my uterus was equipped to handle a pregnancy, but that he wasn't so sure about my cervix. From the beginning of my pregnancy, my doctor has been vigilant about checking my cervix (with a lovely ultrasound at least once a month) and making sure nothing is crazy. Nothing has been crazy. Things have just been normal.
My blood pressure has been a little high at times, but nothing that has been too concerning. My sugar levels are normal. My fluids, swelling, reflux and uncomfortableness have all been attributed to normal things. I'm having a normal, boring pregnancy.
So when my current doctor finally received my four-page surgical report from the amazing surgeon who saved my uterus from certain death and destruction, it was interesting to watch him read it and say the word "whoa" a few times. He said that according to the report, my uterus was actually clamped off for a hysterectomy before they discovered they could save the uterus and just remove the mass. Since I had to sign a form before my surgery that said I understood that I was having a "mass removal with radical hysterectomy," I've always known that my uterus is a bit of a miracle. But listening to my doctor explain how they clamped me off and started the procedures to remove my uterus makes me appreciate my eight month pregnant belly so much.
I'm so grateful for normal and boring. I feel very, very blessed and honored to be the mother of another little girl. I'm still uncomfortable and I still can't sleep and I still feel like my internal organs are being rearranged every few minutes, but that's what normal, boring pregnant women feel the last month of their pregnancy. It means that I will more than likely carry this baby to term and have a normal (ish) c-section and recovery.
Wow - that's amazing to me!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the uterus/cervix update. Glad to know your lady parts are in good working order.
;)
Post a Comment