This is a post only for those who don't mind reading about bodily fluids. If you are squeamish, just know that we're good and don't continue reading. Otherwise . . .
This morning, while I was watching Annie along with one of her little friends, Annie told me that her "tummy feels icky." That's usually the code words for "I need to poop, and don't want to." So I tell her to stop crying and poop. I'm getting more and more annoyed at her because she won't stop telling me that "I don't want to poop, my tummy feels REALLY icky."
So she eats a banana for breakfast, still complaining that her tummy hurts. I tell her she's not being a good friend by complaining so much.
We go upstairs and I work on some laundry, she runs into my room crying. "My tummy hurts!" Here's my mother-of-the-year answer, "Go and poop, and then life will be better." Here's her daughter-the-year response, "BLEEEGGHHHH."
Yep, she showed me by barfing. I couldn't help but laughing while she was retching, not because she was in pain, but because I really thought she wasn't ill.
The other little girl kept telling me, "Annie said she didn't feel good! And now she throwed up." Tell me that's not funny!
So today was "Christmas" day at preschool - they were going to act out the nativity and make some really cute crafts. Since she wasn't sick, I had to take the other little girl to preschool, but Annie stayed in the car. The mother told me that she could still come at the end and be the angel. So I took the barfing child home, she slept for two hours, and brought her back (I wouldn't have exposed the kids, but I thought I would have to take the other little girl home - thank goodness I didn't). I thought that sleeping would have made her better, but she was clingy and just sick. We put on the angel costume and she wanted nothing to do with the other kids. I was so worried that she was going to barf again, that we rushed out as soon as the cute nativity was done, probably infecting all the kids in the process.
Turns out, she barfed on the way home.
She'll be fine. She's already starting to look a little perkier.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment