Annie loves cheese - of any kind. She salivates every time I grate anything and wants to grab anything that isn't nailed down. She will eat little chunks of parmasean and she likes feta and goat cheese just as much as American and cheddar.
It probably comes natural. When I think of a party I think about making something with cheese in it. Last night, we got together with John's family and I was in charge of making a few appetizers and I chose to make baked brie, velveeta cheese dip, and a cheese ball.
While I was making the cheese ball, Annie was trying to steal the grated cheese scraps. I was telling her that she can't have all the cheese, that it needs to go into the cheese ball. She looked at me like I was the strangest person on the planet and simply said, "But Mom, I'm a cheese-eater!"
You can't argue with that.
Recipe for Baked Brie
1 sheet frozen puff pastry - thawed for a couple hours in the fridge.
1 wheel of brie
2 TB butter
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and put the pecans in the butter until they get a little darker, then put the brown sugar in with the nuts and let it all come together. Turn off the heat. Roll out the puff pastry. Put the wheel of brie in the center of the pastry. Mix the egg with a little water. Dump the sugary pecans over the brie and fold up the puff pastry using the egg as a glue. Then coat the puff pastry with the egg - it will make it shiny and pretty.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment