Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My new pantry

I am blessed to have a walk-in pantry. It's a large space, but the only thing the builders put in were four wire shelves. I have been able to keep more than just food. I keep my ever-increasing cloth napkin supply, all of my many kitchen appliances (except for the Kitchen Aid and toaster which have a permanent place on the counter) and I keep a corner for my broom, mop and dustpan.

Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure. It was a nice pantry (there is almost as much space to the left of the door as there is in the front of the door).


A couple of months ago, I asked John for a few extra shelves in the pantry. We just had an enrichment night about food storage that really motivated me to get a true 90 day supply going, and I knew my old pantry wouldn't hold enough stuff. I figured a couple of extra shelves would help me stay a little more organized. John knew better. He knows his wife, and his wife doesn't know how to keep a pantry neat.

Here's what he gave me . . .



We used the same closet system that we put in a couple of our closets (they have them at Lowe's and Home Depot). We put drawers at the bottom (One for my potatoes, one for my onions) and used a corner unit for all my appliances and napkins. I wish this picture showed my 90 day supply better (it's on the left). It's so pretty.

Everytime I go in my pantry, I'm awed. Everything is in its place and it has stayed that way for the last month. Now I know what I have and what I don't - I just look in my pantry and make a list and go to the store. I am one lucky girl.

This is sooooo much more romantic than flowers (even though flowers are still nice).

4 comments:

Lynelle Klein said...

Ooh, I want a pantry like that!!!

Les said...

I am definitely envious!

colleeeen said...

agreed, i'm coveting your pantry. now i must repent.

rachelsaysso said...

Hey Long Lost Friend, it's Rachel Knecht! Interesting Story: I was looking on my friend Liz's blog and saw a comment from TheFoxKids and since I thought that I knew everyone that Liz knew, or at least everyone who commented on her blog, but I didn't know who this TheFoxKids person was I decided to click over and suddenly there's KyLeyne and then there you are and here I am amazed at the blogging world. How do Liz and Kyleyne even know each other? Gina maybe? This is a mystery. But it's great to read up on you.