I realized that I haven't given any updates to what we've actually be doing these last few weeks. So here's a little microscope into our lives - at least my life.
1 - Meridith, my amazing sister-in-law, came to visit last week. While Annie watched every cartoon movie that we had twice, we scrapbooked enough so that I finally finished my vacation album. Now I can start working on my family album and get semi caught up. It was rather cathartic to get something huge done. I realized, again, that I have too much paper. My friend just gave all of her "ugly" paper to her son's Kindergarten class. I think I'll wait until next year to do the same thing. That will be cathartic, too. While Meridith was visiting, we went to see Nunsense. The premise is that there are 5 nuns who need to put on a variety show to pay for the funerals of their fellow sisters who were killed when a nun served them a bad soup (it was a Vichyssoise). It was funny enough. Since it was a dinner theatre, the food was good, too. Fun night. Good times.
2 - A couple of weeks ago, I went to girls camp as a cook. I've never worked so hard in my life. I'm serious. If you're ever called as a cook for camp, don't think that you will ever have a break. For four days, we made breakfast, lunch and dinner with several snacks and sack lunches to make things interesting. We worked from dark-thirty in the morning to way-too-late at night, and while we were allowed to go to the bathroom, we tried to keep the breaks to a minimum so that the other people in the kitchen wouldn't have to pick up our slack. We also had a few severe allergies to deal with (which we didn't know ahead of time) which made things a little more difficult. It's good to make goals, so I made a goal at girls camp to "not kill anyone." Mission accomplished. I had a great time and I learned that I definitely don't ever want to be a caterer. Unless my whole business centers on hot dogs and canned fruit, it would simply be too much work for one person to do. We had seven people in the kitchen and we needed every last person. With as much work as I put into that week, I wouldn't change anything about it. I actually want to go back. It was a tremendously satisfying experience.
3 - I went to see my doctor for my follow-up appointment after my last failed insemination attempt. He wants me to take a couple of months off and think about things. He gave me several options - more artificial insemination treatments, in-vitro, do nothing, surgery. John and I are not interested in any more fertility treatments. We're done. We've put enough emotion, time, money and energy into the three attempts. So right now, I'm thinking about the surgery to correct my uterus. It's risky, since they don't actually know what my uterus looks like from the outside, and they don't know if they will be able to take out the offending horn without taking some other vital piece of my good uterus with it. I have a lot of trust in my doctors and, if after a lot of prayer I still feel like this will be the best course, my next appointment will be in October to schedule surgery. If nothing else, this surgery could correct the bleeding issues I've been having. I could always have a hysterectomy, that would solve all of my issues, but it would kill all hope of ever having another baby. Confusion reigns supreme here.
We're good. Annie's good. Life is good. Just thought I would catch you up.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your blog is so enjoyable to read. Your daughter is hilarious--I had to laugh our loud when I read the "poopeetootboob" story! We hope thins continue to go well for you and WOW for completing so many things on the "200 have/have not" list. I'm impressed.
I was the cook at our girls camp, but didn't have the same experience. I expected to work as hard as you did, but found that I had time to swim every day, talk a little, sing a little karoke (just to test the machine of course. haha), be "Paula" for the Karoke night, and do a few crafts. I even went snorkeling with my girls. Our head cook had planned really easy meals, though. We had 5 cooks, but one of them had some issues and was there only about 1/3 of the time. She was a great help when she was there, though. I wonder why the difference? In any event, I did come home very tired - but ready to go back next year. It was amazing being there.
Sadie was looking at the pictures of Annie and wondering if she would remember her. She just adores Annie. What a darling girl.
We will pray for you as you go into surgery. The Lord can work miracles, just remember that.
I wish I could have scrapbooked with you. I miss that. I miss you.
How many girls were at your camp? On regular days we had just over 200 people to feed. On Bishop's night, it went up to 250. I think it makes a difference if you had less.
We also had "easy" meals, but for the special night, we made homemade rolls and homemade Texas Sheet Cake. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming. Really fun though - I would do it again.
I think we had about half the number of girls you had. That would make a huge difference! I am already lobbying to try and go next year. xD
Post a Comment