What can you get for $28? All kinds of things. Last week, I bought a pressure canner on a super sale for about that. We could go out as a family and have a pretty nice supper. I can now buy a tank of gas for less than $28 and still have a few dollars left over for a slurpee.
For whatever reason, Annie thinks that $28 is a magical number. I bought her a pretty dress for the Christmas season and she told everyone she met at church that "My mommy bought it at the store for 28 dollars." According to her, the $5 soccer cleats I got at the thrift store were $28 as well. Today, we were at the store and I looked up the price on a little crafty item and decided to put it away after I learned it was a little too expensive. Annie asked me why I put it back and I told her that it cost a little more than I wanted to spend. She then asked me, "Was it 28 dollars?"
I'm tempted to give her $28 for Christmas and let her see exactly what it would buy, but maybe that's taking it a little too far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment