Sunday, November 23, 2008

Random things

We went to the temple yesterday. Loved every minute of it. We saw a little old lady there who must have been 4000 years old. She walked with a little walker and used hand warmers to keep her little fingers from freezing. We were in a sealing session with her and she fell asleep a couple of times. She was spunky, though. The sealer told us that he sees her at the temple every day that he is here, and he's there 3 days a week. She spoke up and said "You would see me here every day the temple is open if you were here!" Her little comments and her dedication made me very happy.

Getting excited about Thanksgiving. We're spending it in California and all I am going to make is rolls. I have made the whole Thanksgiving more often than I haven't since We've been married. I love to make Thanksgiving, but it will be relaxing to not have to worry about everything this year.

My husband is an amazing father. Annie and him have a bunch of "inside jokes" that make them giggle. Most of these inside jokes have been formed while I have been in close proximity to them (in the car, in the same room) but I think I'm too jaded to find them funny. All you have to say to either of them is "Cup with a fork in it," or "Say it with me, El Pollo Loco" and both of them will start to laugh and act silly. I only laugh because it's funny to see them laugh. John keeps saying "I have to get in all the happy times now, she's going to hate me in a few years." Yea right. He's the fun one. It'll be me she hates.

I've been thinking about going back to work again when Annie starts school. I don't think I want to go into PR again, it's not very "Mommy-friendly." There is a new charter school that you can teach without having a degree in teaching - that may be an option. But I kindof want something easier than teaching for my first job after being a mom. I think I'm going to find a teacher's aide position for next year and ease into it.

Can't wait to see people this week. I hope you're one of them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have a GREAT trip!!! and just for the record I think all dad's are the "fun one's" it's true in my house.. Ben and I could say the EXACT same thing and everyone will think his is rolling around grab your side funny and mine is bla!
good luck with your choices to go back to work.. so Annie will do full day next year?(if so your SOOO lucky. half day SUCKS!!)
and I think your right in easing into it.. although I think you'd make an awesome teacher!
good luck
big hugs
luv ya