Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting and an update

I am grateful that voting is over. I went, stood in line, got my sticker and wore it all day. I'm glad that a lot of people went out and voted. I love that this country comes together every once in a while to vote for what they believe in - even if i don't agree with the new president-elect (I'm not fond of big-government/socialist ideals).

I'm also glad that Starbucks gives out free drinks for voting. It was supposed to be coffee, but my friend and I convinced them they needed to give us cocoa.

LIFE UPDATE: It's finally getting cooler here. We got down to 75 degrees and people were wanting their parkas. It was gorgeous yesterday - nice and breezy.

We're going to pick up my car after a few-day stay at the mechanics. We decided to fix my air conditioner (yea!) and get a new timing belt (this is the car's third) so that the car will last for a couple more years. It was actually less money than we thought it would be and I'll be grateful to have a car again.

1 comment:

colleeeen said...

so glad it's all over. and don't worry about socialism - within our lifetimes, our taxes won't even be enough to service the interest on the national debt. Taxes will have to be raised in order to cover a partial funding of social security and keep the barest minimum of government services going. we'll have small government again soon enough - although not in a way that any of us are likely to have wanted.