Monday, November 3, 2008

Good times

We went to the wedding of Katie and Red this weekend. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding. Annie was so excited to see the pretty dresses and the flowers. We kept telling her that after the wedding there would be eating and dancing. While we were waiting for the wedding to start, she kept asking about the dancing. I told her we needed to see the bride and groom get married first.

She loved the wedding - and she drooled over the pretty dress the bride wore. She was a beautiful bride - complete with sparkles and requisite poofy-ness. We went to the reception, had wonderful food and Annie was asleep before anything important started. The bouquet was tossed, the cake was cut the hokey was pokied. She must have been exhausted because she really wanted the cake and the dancing and the frolicking.

We shlepped her in the car and got her home, took off her pretty party dress, brushed her teeth, put on her PJs and helped her into bed. She wanted to talk about the party - and I told her that there was dancing and we had cake, but she was sleeping. She started to cry a little, so I told her that I brought the gift box home that had a candy ring inside of it.

Me: You can have it in the morning
Her: O.K., but can we talk about my favorite thing?
Me: What was your favorite thing, Annie?
Her: The top.
Me: The top? - of what?
Her: The top, and the bottom.
Me: The top and bottom of what?
Her: The pretty dress. I liked the top the best, but I liked the bottom, too.

Oh boy, here we go.

No comments: