Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy, happy

Just to update you, I am doing well. Really well. So well that I have to remind myself that I just had major surgery and I should probably take it easy. I took a little outing to Cabellas on Saturday, and I sat while people shopped, but I got out of the house. I figured if I could do that, I could go to church. Then Mom and I decided to go shopping and out to lunch yesterday. I baked bread today. Getting back into the swing of things and hoping I'm not doing too much.

I'm not feeling 100%, but I am definitely feeling better than I did before my surgery (isn't that funny?). I really think I was feeling worse than I even wanted to admit. I know I have more energy, and I'm sleeping better because I don't have to get up 14 times a night to pee a tablespoon. It also helps that I had good news after the surgery. I hope I would have been as good of a patient with bad news, but I probably wouldn't have.

My incision is still healing, but it looks good and I hope will continue to feel better. I still don't like twisting, but bending and reaching is getting easier. I don't feel like I can exercise or run a marathon, but I hope my doctor will at least give me clearance to drive. I see him on Thursday and I'm hoping he'll tell me that I'm doing better than he expected me to.

It makes me happy that I have people here to help me so that I don't overdo it. I'm glad everything is behind me and that I'm healing quickly. My Dad's coming into town tomorrow and it will be nice to show him how well I'm doing.

It's all happy.

1 comment:

Spencer and Heather Riddle said...

I am sooooo happy that you are feeling happy. I hope you continue to heal well and that we'll be able to see you at park day soon. We love you Steph. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!