Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good news

There's no new news on the surgery, just that it's going to happen tomorrow. I'm feeling alright, but my good news actually doesn't have anything to do with my health.

The Washington Post called me yesterday and told me that a story that I submitted six months ago was chosen to be published. (It's fun to get a call from the Washington Post, by the way.) The story will be going in the Washington Post magazine which comes out on Sundays - and it's a part of the "Editor's Query" series which asks silly questions that readers are supposed to give a confirmable, true story which will make people laugh.

This news made me very happy. They supposedly get thousands of responses a week. The journalist in me was excited that I was edited by the Washington Post - and the PR person in me was glad that they didn't edit it too much. They're paying me $50, too - which will go toward my Wheat Grinder fund.

The story is silly, about the moment I knew I was in love with John. They'll probably be all schmoopy and run it around Valentine's Day. It should be available online. Hopefully I won't be on too many drugs and I'll be able to enjoy the moment.

Yea for me!

4 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Yea for you!!!

This is huge! I'm so excited for you. Please let us know when we can start looking for it.

And good luck tomorrow.

Les said...

Wow! A celebrity in our mist! Great job! I can't wait to read it. Best wishes for tomorrow's surgery!

Jeana said...

Good for you. That is awesome. In a few years when you are all famous and everything, I can say "yep, that's MY niece! Isn't she marvelous!!

Good luck on your surgery. You are in our prayers.

Love you.

Suzee said...

Yeah! You can now claim the title of "Published Author" in your list of personal credits. Way to go!