I just signed Annie up for Kindergarten. I know I'm supposed to be all sad that my little girl is growing up and "going away" but I'm kindof excited. I think she will be an amazing student and I think school will be able to keep her much more entertained than I ever could.
While I was filling out some paperwork to register her at her new school, Annie was wandering around the office. She was a little confused - "This is my new school?" I told her that this was the office where she would go to school, but that when she went to school in the fall she would be in a classroom with a teacher and lots of other kids. "Do they have potties here?" Yes child, they don't expect you to hold your water all day long. "Wow, cool."
While I was thinking about Annie and growing up and all that Kindergarten entails, I was also thinking about how much I want another child. When I see my Annie, I don't see nine months of agony, my c-section scar or even my new (most fabulously long) scar. I don't remember the pain or the catheters or the liquid diet. I see a beautiful daughter of God, complete with annoying quirks and happy memories. I see someone who John and I didn't screw up (yet) and I see a bright and amazing future. I was also thinking on the word "forget." I haven't "forgotten" any of the pain, I'm just willing to do it over again for another experience. I think this is maybe what is meant by "forgiving and forgetting."
There's a whole lot of thinking going on today. I hope that Annie and I can keep up with each other.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sad news...I didn't find time to nap as you gave me permission to do so...BUT I compromised and I slept in a whole 20 min!! YES~!
I just wanted to say thanks for all your fun comments, and I really enjoyned your last post. I like your take of it, not forgetting the pain, but doing it because it's worth it!!
Post a Comment