Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More funny things

After we got finished making warm chocolate chip cookies . . .

Annie: Can I lick the bowl?
Me: Sure
Annie: I like the bowl the best because it's not hot.
Me: I like the hot cookies - they are my favorite.
Annie: You're weird.

After she spent a couple of hours at the park in the hot sun, without any sunblock (bad mommy!)

Annie: I think I have a rash
Me: No, honey, it's a sunburn. I'm sorry that I forgot to put on sunblock.
Annie: Oh, now I can't be a superhero anymore!

Coming home from church on Sunday

Annie: I'm going to marry Jacob.
Me: Are you?
Annie: Yes, or Ryan - he kisses me all the time.
Me: You shouldn't be kissing boys until you are 16!
Annie: Oh, then I guess I'll marry Jacob.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So can I start kissing boys when I turn 16?

colleeeen said...

The scene: I am watering the backyard with a hose.

Eli: Where does the water come from?
Me: It comes from the municipal water supply.
Eli: No, where does it come from?
Me: It comes from underground aquifers, the Colorado River, or northern California.
Eli: It comes from the hose!