The playground at Annie's school has sand, so Annie comes home every day with her shoes filled with sand. Filled. It's ridiculous. Annie can't be the only child who does this - which worries me. There must be huge holes in the playground where the sand used to be. I'm seriously wondering how often they will need to replace sand because it's all coming home with the kids. You would think it would be uncomfortable - but Annie never complains. Crazy.
I have received perfect scores on every essay that I have written for my classes. It makes me happy to know I can do graduate level work. On the other hand, I have yet to receive a perfect score on a quiz. I seem to always miss one. I personally think that I miss are too tricky. I hate tricky quizzes - but mostly I hate knowing that I might not get a perfect grade because of tricky quizzes.
I can't believe that Michelle Duggar is pregnant again! This is number 19 and unlike octo-mom, the parents know what they are doing and the kids seem terribly well-adjusted. I wonder if they would miss just one . . . that little JordynGrace would fit in nicely in our house.
Our stake just rearranged our wards (in non-LDS speak, our church decided to change the boundaries of each congregation). It feels a lot like what happened when I was in high school. Many friends have been put in different congregations from us, but we're excited about the new change. I've been called to serve in the Relief Society as a Secretary. It should be fun. Especially because the new Relief Society president is this fine lady. If you don't know who this is, you don't scrapbook. She's pretty amazing and I'm excited to work with her and the two other amazing women who were called as counselors. I have never been a secretary of anything - this will be a new challenge.
Have you ever seen Big Bang Theory? Watch it. Now. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Seriously. I heart nerds!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I feel the same way about Michelle and Jim-bob (I feel like we should be on first name bases). And enjoy your new calling! Sounds like the wards are going to be undergoing lots of changes! Is Marc Allen still your Bishop?
Yep. Our new ward is now Crossriver and Vistancia - basically. Bishop Allen is still bishop and Jim Jones is still first counselor. We got a new second counselor (Brother King?) and a lot of the new leadership is coming from Vistancia (they are a huge part of our ward now) so I don't know them very well - yet!
Heidi Rizley's the second counselor in the RS - and Sister Moffit was called somewhere in the Primary Presidency. I'm sure there will be more callings to come this Sunday.
At least you're not the new president. I know what those shoes feel like!
Dallan and I felt the same way about Michell and Jim Bob; plus this 19th baby is like 8 months after Jordyn; CRAZY!!!! At least they are responsible for their kids!
Oh! The drama! They put James in another ward! My heart will break! I'll have to attend 6 hours of church every Sunday! With James!
Ohhhhh, the memories.
Post a Comment