Every morning, I walk with a group of ladies in my neighborhood. We're the stroller patrol - we all have small children - and we walk a good 50 minutes up hills and through woods. It's good therapy wrapped up in healthy living. I've lost some weight (still have a lot more to go), gained some good friends and I really love starting my day in the fresh, brisk air. I never have to set an alarm, Annie always wakes up at about 6:30 and shouts good morning in my ear. It's a nice wake up system.
Last week, several women were sick and one was out of town. I went out to our normal meeting place (at 7:00 in the dark morning) and paced around for a little while waiting for my friends to come. When they didn't come, I marched back home. I still started my day in the brisk air, but I realized I don't like walking without other people. I feel like the "crazy woman with a stroller." I doesn't help that our route goes right by a dozen bus stops for kids. For some reason it doesn't bother me at all when I'm with a large group (or even just one more woman), but I'm horrified at the idea of going alone.
So we went to see the Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple (gorgeous!!) last night along with a crazy place that plays a Wurlitzer organ with loud gusto - it was a long, noisy night - but really fun. I went with my walking buddies and I guilted all of them into making sure they came this morning. (see, I use it too!) I told them how many times I had tried to meet them and had not gone walking. They all felt bad. I was excited to have all my friends come and walk this morning - and then the impossible happened. Annie slept in until 7:24 - and so did I. I totally missed my walk. I'm sad, guilty and not totally awake this morning.
Fate totally loves me!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! I love your blog. I am so glad you told us about it tonight. I completely understand the love of fate. :) Well, tomorrow my love. We shall prance through the neighborhood (well, as well as we can while pushing strollers.)
Post a Comment