I'm feeling pretty productive this week. I thought I would share what I did.
Preserved bushel of peaches. I actually didn't can them, but I still had to boil water to peel, cut them up and put the proper amount of sugar in them to make sure they froze properly. End Result: Four gallon-sized ziplocks full of yumminess, one pie filling, one already eaten crisp and three batches of the best peach ice cream ever.
Went up a level in step aerobics. I've been on the cheater bench for a while and decided to give into peer pressure and use the real bench. End Result: I'm sore in that good way that makes you want to move more.
Became addicted to Craigslist. I really want a self-standing wheat grinder. I have one that attaches to my Kitchenaid, which I love, but I'm really wanting one that can grind the wheat a little faster and better. A smallish one would be best, but I found one on Craigslist that looks like the one my grandmother has. She kept it in her laundry room because I'm sure it was too big for the kichen and it was LOUD. I think it has real stones in it. It's in a big wooden box that I would have to keep in the garage, but I think it would do the job. End Result: He wanted a bit too much for it, so I low-balled him and he rejected me. Such is life on Craigslist.
Planned menu for baby shower. I'm hosting a shower for my friend's 4th child (first girl!)on Saturday. I've decided on chicken salad, rolls and peach shortcake (gotta use the peaches sometime!). I'm also doing a cheeseball, but only because the pregnant woman loves my cheeseball and I like to make pregnant women happy. Some friends have graciously volunteered to fill in the holes with salads and sweets. End Result: Hopefully a memorable luncheon without the need to measure anyone's belly with toilet paper.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment