Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yikes Ike!

We heard John's parents are fine after Ike slammed the Houston coast. Haven't heard many details except they are still out of power and they lost a couple of trees. We tried to call on Sunday but it just kept ringing and ringing (so they either are out of phone, too, or they have phones that need electricity). I just wish I could be there to cook them a hot meal on a camp stove. It's tough to be so far away from them right now.

We're just glad they are out of harms way for now.

Love you tons.

1 comment:

Lynelle Klein said...

I am so glad they are ok. Ike was a bad one because of how large it was and the tide situation. The pictures are just... depressing of that coastline.

In Florida after major hurricanes, we are typically without power for 1-3 weeks. I hope it is not that long for them. I did notice that our power trucks were heading to Texas on Saturday to help.

Just glad they are safe.