Thursday, November 6, 2008

The dangers of sleeping with a man

We sleep in a king-sized bed. It's big and we like it that way - we like our own space. We used to sleep in a Queen-sized bed, but we upgraded a few years ago and have never looked back. In the 10 years we've been married, sleeping with my husband has never caused me bodily harm (I guess you can count the c-section, but I digress).

So it was a real surprise to me when both of our heads met up last night in the most unappetizing way. We both sat up and turned at the same time and John's forehead met the bridge of my nose. Ouch. I heard a pop and it smarted for a while.

John felt horrible - at least I thought he did. He said he was sorry and told me that his head didn't hurt and then he made a joke about his head being harder than my nose. He actually sounded sincere, but this morning when I told him my nose was still sore he said he didn't remember anything!

What's a girl to do? I don't even have a bruise to show for my pain and John doesn't believe me that he hurt me in the middle of the night. I'm just hoping he didn't break my schnoz.

We're living in dangerous times people!

3 comments:

Lynelle Klein said...

When Scott and I were first married he rolled over and his arm flew and smacked me in the head. Both of us were used to sleeping in a larger bed (full or queen), and alone.

I slept through it all. Scott apologized and I started yelling at him (in my sleep). The next morning he was like "Dude, you were really mad last night." I'm like "What?".

LOL

Hope your nose feels better soon.

Unknown said...

Wow the post above almost exactly was what i was going to post.. Ben and my first night in the hotel as married people he started making noises in his sleep like he was choking (something he STILL does but of coarse I never slept with the guy before.. and by that I mean just SLEEPING) i got scard reached over and shook him he jolted up and swing his arm over caught me by the chest and i flew off the bed.. He felt SOOO bad i was fine but we still get a chuckle over it.. there really should be a warning for those who have never slumbered before beware before you go and try to wake the other person!
hope the scnaz feels better!

and i'm amazed YOU woke up you sure married some one with simular sleeping habits! i've been at the other end of YOUR sleeping tyrants! haha!

colleeeen said...

tsk, tsk. didn't Sister Smith always tell us to stay away from boys? now you know why.