Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Hiatus

I've not been in the mood to write anything this past week. Clomid, the evil fertility drug that I've been taking, was making me weepy. I haven't talked much about this on the blog not wanting to make anyone uncomfortable - but it is such a huge part of my life right now. Mostly, it sucks. Stay tuned for more craziness.

We've also been working on Grandma Franck's estate sale - everything that wasn't taken by any of her kids and grandkids needed to be sold. We had an amazing sale on Friday and it was thoroughly picked over when today's crowd came. We made over $1500 for Grandma Franck and we got rid of a bunch of stuff so the California parents don't have to lug a ton of stuff back home.

I've been busy - which has really taken my mind off of other things that are happening in my life.

The funniest thing about the yard sale? It's amazing what people will buy. Meridith and I had a bet. We found the ugliest piece of "art" - it was an upsidedown mason jar with a thing on it that made it look like a chicken feeder. It was full of potpourri that was old enough that it was looking pale and dusty - and it had country rose and powder blue flowers hot glued onto the base. It was really ugly. Meridith bet me that nobody would buy it - I disagreed. She bet me $2 that it wouldn't sell - and it sold within an hour. So we found something else - a pair of 1980s style sunglasses with mirrored lenses with the word "California" printed on each lens within a pink and green palm tree. I really felt like those wouldn't sell - not even for the dime price tag. Wouldn't you know it, within a couple of hours, a big tattooed man came and tried them on and bought them.

We were laughing for a lot of minutes after that one!

Love to everyone,
Steph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) i don't know how clomid feels but i certinally been down the "why isn't this happening like it should" road.. i'm glad you have lots of things to keep your mind busy..
love and hugs
Ky