So here I am, sitting on the couch upstairs while my daughter is sleeping next to me. She was exhausted today because of preschool and going over to a friends house. I know I need to pick her up and put her in her bed, but I'm liking her head on my shoulder. I know these tranquil moments are soon going to be replaced by less tranquility.
When did my little girl grow up?
I held a little five-week-old baby today and, while I wasn't uncomfortable with the whole experience, I definitely felt out of practice. Babies are so floppy, so wiggly, so terribly small. How did I ever do it? I guess we all have more in us than we think we do.
So this is my life. My really good life. I love my husband and my daughter and we are "a family," even if we don't have a bazillion kids. I would love to have more kids, but if this treatment doesn't work, I hope that I will still be happy with what I have. I hope I won't unwind and think that my life is somehow not blessed. I hope that I will continue to savor Annie's breath on my arm. I hope I will feel as honored as I do tonight to be Annie's Mommy. She's one special kid.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment