Annie has created some invisible friends. They have some unique characteristics that I think need to be shared so that all can enjoy . . .
1. They are all dogs.
2. Only one of them has a name - Go-Ghee (I think that's how it's spelled, since it's not Go "Jee" - it's definitely Go-Ghee).
3. They change shape at her will - sometimes they are big (especially when she's frightened), but thankfully they are usually small.
4. If Annie really wants something, she always says her "doggies" want it. Like this afternoon when she wanted her own bowl of popcorn - she asked very nicely if her doggies could have a small bowl all their own.
5. Annie's doggies are potty trained. She's very proud of her dogs being able to go pee-pee in the potty, and we make a big deal about it, too. It doesn't seem to make her any more excited about putting her own fluids in the potty.
6. She got very upset at me a few nights ago when I kissed her, then I kissed her doggies (blowing kisses works best for them) and then said goodnight. She wanted me to kiss her last.
7. She takes complete care of them. If her doggies want their socks and shoes on - she has to put them on. If her doggies want a blanket, she has to get it for them.
8. Sometimes when you ask her to do something, she tells you that her doggies have to do it first. Tonight when we were saying prayers, her doggies said prayers first (they have voices that are higher pitched than Annie's - how 'bout that!) and then she was able to say her prayers.
9. She loves her doggies and tucks them into bed at night. She feeds them and gives them love when they are scared. It's very sweet.
I hope imaginary friends are a sign of intelligence - but even if they're not, I'm having a lot of fun with this stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment