Annie has been obsessed with birthdays lately. She wants me to sing Happy Birthday to her everyday. Finally, I had to tell her that her birthday wasn't for a few months, but I told her that some of her friends' (from preschool mostly - since I have their birthday's) were having birthdays - and once they had their birthdays, she could have hers. So now she sings Happy Birthday to Christopher and Emma and Jess.
That's when she started saying that her "doggies" were having birthdays. So today, we sang happy birthday to one of her doggies. She told me she needed a cake for him - so I made muffins. I think she will accept them once I put a candle in it.
She has the most amazing imagination. For the past few days she has been calling me Lenny, her Daddy is Tuck, and she is Ming Ming. If you don't recognize these names, you must not have a three-year-old or a television. It is from Wonder Pets a cute show about three little classroom pets (a hampster, turtle and duckling) become superheroes and save baby animals in trouble. Sometimes I'll call her Annie and she'll say "No, I'm Ming Ming."
My favorite is when she's "Ming Ming" when I put her to bed. She'll say "I love you Lenny!" and I"ll have to say "I love you Ming Ming" before she's satisfied and goes to bed.
Three-year-olds can be fun!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment