Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Potty training update

Just in case you wanted to know - here's the numbers on current potty training:

17 - the number of panties we went through the first 3 days. This includes the pair I threw away at a restaurant because I just couldn't bring it back into a room where people were eating.

3 - how many times Annie had to go to the bathroom during the hour we were at Cabellas celebrating a potty training success.

1 - how many of those times the "automatic" flusher flushed while she was sitting on it.

2 - how many times I had to force her to sit on the potty while she was saying "I don't want to pee on this potty, it's scary."

15 - how many people were looking at me strangely in the crowded Cabellas bathroom, while my child was screaming about how she doesn't want to use the scary potty.

1 - how many sweet women approached me and asked if everything was alright and, after assuring her that both of us were happy, gave me a beautiful smile.

1 - how many days she has never had an accident.

10 - How many more times I think about her bodily functions more than I think about my own, causing me to do the potty dance more than she does.

Millions and Millions - How many times I love my child for finally making the decision to become one of the many people who can eliminate in the proper manner.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

if it helps at all Brad who is almost 12 had a fobia of using anything but the home potty because of his toddler fears of the auto potty up until just a few years ago... and KayLea has just recently decided she's tall enough that if SHE SITS STILL she won't set it off but it's a funny site to see her sit still and tall as she uses it!
go annie!
Ky

Heidi said...

Lol! yay!

Lunch Buckets said...

I must say - If I peed on a potty and it auto-flushed while I was sitting on it - there's not enough chocolate in the world to get me back on it :)