Monday, January 14, 2008

Another tag - admit it, it's fun!

I wasn't really tagged, but my sister Ashley had this on her blog and I thought it would be an interesting entry. I'm not going to tag anyone on this one, even though it was a heck-of-a-lot-o fun to read everyone's blog about their 7 random things. I have cool friends and family!

What I was doing ten years ago: Preparing to marry my best friend. I was working at the Arkansas Cancer Research Center as a Public Relations person who was woefully underpaid (although I wasn't overworked - so I can't really complain!).

What I was doing five years ago: Preparing for my best friend and husband to graduate from Pharmacy school so I could become barefoot and pregnant. I was working at the University of Georgia as a Public Relations person who was woefully underpaid. Alas - the only high-paying job I ever had was one that I ended up despising.

One year ago: Just moved into my new house in a new city hoping to make new friends and find our new ward building (it took us a few weeks to find where we needed to go).

Yesterday: Dropped Annie off at preschool, cleaned my house from top to bottom, watched some kids from the neighborhood, did all my laundry. (I actually wrote this two days ago because it's what I wanted to do yesterday! It worked . . . I actually did all these things!)

Five snacks I enjoy: Wheat thins or Ritz with sliced sharp cheddar and crisp apples on top, anything salty and sweet at the same time (chocolate covered pretzels, salty caramel, kettle corn, etc. . .), Harry and David's chocolate cherries, Extra Dark Lindt truffle balls, fried zucchini with thick ranch dressing.

Five things I would do if I had a $100 million: Pay off my house and buy a really cool new one, hire a decorator and a housekeeper, pay off all my bills and travel anywhere my heart wants to go - taking all of my friends and family with me.

Five places I would run away to: New York City, Europe (Ireland, here we come! in 2010, right?), Australia (it's John's dream vacation - but I really want to go with him), Anywhere with my family, the temple.

Five TV shows I like: Firefly (John just got the disk set for me, I really need to re-watch), Gilmore Girls (shucks, it's done with!), Chuck, Pushing Daisys, and Dancing with the Stars (It's a little embarrassing, but I almost got tickets to their traveling show for Christmas! It would have been really fun, but it was as expensive as a couple of months of guitar lessons. I was just too practical!)

Five things I hate doing: cleaning my house, changing my 3.5-year-old's diaper, going to the doctor, watching my daughter fail, waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep for four hours!

Five biggest joys of the moment: Seeing the pretty garage my husband has been working on forever come closer to his vision, watching Annie love Connie Strawberry, watching as a gallon of milk magically turns into tasty cheese, knowing that I look better in my jeans than I did a year ago, knowing that I will see my family in a few months for Ashley's wedding, and (I'm adding a sixth) knowing that Jackie and Sarah's life is forever going to change with the arrival of their new baby - it's all very exciting.

Five people I'll tag: Nobody and anybody!

No comments: