Saturday, February 28, 2009

Daring Bakers

I finally feel good enough to get back into the swing of things. Daring Bakers did me a favor this month by taking it easy on me, though. I had all of the ingredients on hand and it was super easy - but an amazing recipe that I hope to use again and again.

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.
We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.

Mmmmmmmm chocolate.

They actually said that we didn't have to do an ice cream, which is good because my ice cream freezer would have needed a day to freeze - and then I would have made an excuse not to do this fabulous cake. I used a whip of the "cool" variety and topped it with macerated frozen berries. Yum.



Yes she is still in her jammies. It was right after breakfast that we decided to melt the chocolate and make an oozey, fudgey flourless cake. It's highly appropriate to be in jammies at this hour of the day.




A surprisingly clean girl after licking the bowl clean.



pretty pretty




Doncha wish you lived with me so you could have had this for dinner? I mean, ahem, dessert after dinner of course.

3 comments:

Mrs. Two Cents said...

We're glad you're recoving so quickly! Keep it up, 'til you're 100%!!

love, Kenyon and Merilee

Sara said...

Yum, looks delicious!! Those berries look really yummy.

Jenny said...

Fellow Daring Baker here from the Daring Bakers blogroll. It looks delicious and your pictures are adorable!