Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Reasons I know I'm not 18 anymore . . .

#1 - What started this whole thought is that I just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I'm now on synthetic thyroid hormone for the rest of my life. It's a good thing that they caught it and I'm grateful it's something that can be treated so effectivley, but isn't that an old ladies disease?

#2 - Last night, we were playing Twister and neither John nor I could make it past four spins before falling. Annie laughed at us.

#3 - We really do think our mini-van is a cool car to drive around in.

#4 - My knees make noises they've never made before.

#5 - We had a "chocolate" night for our young women a couple of weeks ago and I tried to eat a little of everyone's creations, but I simply couldn't. The girls were having two of everything with room to spare.

#6 - I see a cute dress in the store and instead of trying it on, I try to figure out when it will go on sale.

#7 - I do the majority of my "fun" shopping online. And by "fun" I mean books and t-shirts.

#8 - I am 32 years old.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I made fun of Ky by saying that once my older siblings got married, I only remember one age for them -- OLD. I figure once I get married I don't even need to keep track of how old I am anymore. :)

For what it's worth: I keep meaning to get checked for hypothyroidism myself, I've never been good at twister, I drove a minivan all through high school, my ankle makes weird noises every time I rotate it, and shopping for books and t-shirts is way more fun than dresses. You got me on the chocolate though.

Love you Stephie!

-Ashley

Anonymous said...

"#1 - What started this whole thought is that I just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I'm now on synthetic thyroid hormone for the rest of my life. It's a good thing that they caught it and I'm grateful it's something that can be treated so effectivley, but isn't that an old ladies disease?

Maybe, but don't tell my mom that. ;D

#2 - Last night, we were playing Twister and neither John nor I could make it past four spins before falling. Annie laughed at us.

If you're having to spin it really makes Twister a lot harder. If Annie spun, well, I'm sure I couldn't do much better than you.

#4My knees make noises they've never made before.

Mine used to, but I think they've stopped.

#5 - We had a "chocolate" night for our young women a couple of weeks ago and I tried to eat a little of everyone's creations, but I simply couldn't. The girls were having two of everything with room to spare.

Ah, same here. I miss being a high school freshman sometimes. It's healthier eating less, I'm sure.

#6 - I see a cute dress in the store and instead of trying it on, I try to figure out when it will go on sale.

No use falling in love with a dress if you can't afford/get a good bargain from it, right?

#7 - I do the majority of my "fun" shopping online. And by "fun" I mean books and t-shirts.

Books and t-shirts are all you need in life. Oh and chocolate of course.

#8 - I am 32 years old.

Years are merely ways of tracking the seasons or the revolutions of the Earth around the sun. They're not much to take stock into. You're still an awesome sister and you can still keep up with the times and relate to the younger generations.

The minivan...yeah...it is rather utilitarian I guess...

:D

Love ya Sis!